Through our Enhanced Community Impact Model, we leverage the local leadership from our staff, board, committees and 24 Partner Agencies to evaluate, measure and report on the work we fund. Our annual campaign generates nearly $1 million that we distributed as grants to our partners. Each year, our Community Impact Panel Volunteers evaluate grant proposals from our Partner Agencies to thoughtfully invest in programs that create meaningful change and demonstrate results.
Specific evidence-based programming introduced and/or expanded in Cambria and Somerset Counties to address the Social Change Initiatives are; The Nurse-Family Partnership, Parents as Teachers, and Botvin LifeSkills Training.
Community investment in our work has touched the lives of more than 58,354 people in Cambria and Somerset Counties.
In addition to our core initiatives:
- 3,719 safe nights were provided to women and children who escaped domestic abuse.
- 15,173 people received medical care or treatment for a mental illness. Also includes people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.
- 1,684 victims of sexual violence crimes were helped with supportive services.
- 6,500 students participated in Botvin’s drug and alcohol prevention program.
- 878 men, women and children avoided homelessness.
- 6,975 diapers were distributed to families during the first quarter of our new Diaper Bank.
- 27,129 -- the number of times families obtained food from a pantry.